Have you ever tried Apple Cider Vinegar ?? I drink it every. single. morning. Some will think I’m crazy, but either way here’s my honest review:
It’s not enjoyable at first. I tried drinking it alone, and then in cold water, and it was gross both times. But it’s SO beneficial, that you just have to give it a chance and figure out how to make it work for you.
Here is my favorite way to drink ACV:
- 10-12 oz warm water
- 1Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (Braggs brand “with the mother”)
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed into warm water
- 1/2 Tbsp raw local honey
- sprinkle of cinnamon
Chug and enjoy 😉
I think you could also put it in your favorite tea with some honey and lemon, mix it in your salad dressing, take a shot of it with orange juice… there are a lot of options. Its still not great, so don’t expect it to be like a magical sugary latte. It’s just good for me, and helps me start my morning right, so I do it.
Here are some of the benefits I gathered from reading one of my favorite sites (I added my honest take on each, but you can check the site to read more by clicking on the link):
- It can help you lose weight by increasing feelings of fullnessI’m not sure if this is true, but I drink mine absolutely first thing…and then & do usually have to wait a bit before eating because I’m full.
- It can help reduce and regulate blood sugarI haven’t personally tested this…because I’m not a researcher…but I’ve learned that cinnamon can do the same, so bonus if you consume both, right?
- It can be used to clean fruits & veggiesIt makes a great natural disinfectant. I’ve also heard you can put a little bit of it in the wash to eliminate odors. Anyone know if this is true?
- It may reduce the risk of heart diseaseDouble bonus. My ticker is doing great, so maybe its the ACV?
Other benefits I’ve read:
- Lowers cholesterol
- Detoxifies your body
- Clears sinuses
- Sore throat relief
- Digestive aid
- Can be used for deodorant??
- Stop smelly feet?
What it won’t do (I thought these were kind of funny):
- Whiten your teeth
It’s very acidic so please don’t gargle with it, lol
- Clear your skin
Some may do this, but there haven’t been any official studies. I prefer the oil method to clean my face.
- Soften your hair
I guess this has been claimed? I don’t like the smell of ACV so I personally wouldn’t put it on my hair.
SO — what do you think? Anything to add?